Eastern Pines Backpacking Trail
Eastern Pines is an overnight backpacking trail with loops of 6 - 15 kilometres in length. The trail can be accessed from Grand Lake - Achray Access Point.
- 6 to 15 km
- Eastern Pines Backpacking Trail is located at Grand Lake - Achray Access Point.
- Latitude/Longitude: 45.867298°, -77.755674°
View Commercial Services & Park Attractions Map
- Open from the last Friday in April to Thanksgiving (mid-October).
Difficulty Rating & Rationale
- Difficult. Steep climbs, side slopes and sharp turns.
- Contact Algonquin Park Information for more information on trail conditions.
Features & Amenities
- Scenic lookouts
- High Falls on the Barron River
- Glacial boulder garden
- Lakes and rivers
Permit Pick-up Location
- A valid camping permit is required for trail use.
- Achray Campground
- Grand Lake - Achray Access Point
- Berm Lake Trail
- Jack Pine Trail
- Barron Canyon Trail
- Sand Lake Gate
- Western Uplands Backpacking Trail
- Highland Backpacking Trail
- Backpacking Trails of Algonquin Provincial Park (map)
- Interpretive Walking Trails