Highland Backpacking Trail
- Highland Backpacking Trail is an overnight backpacking trail with loops of 19 and 35 km in length. The challenging trail can be accessed from the Highland Backpacking Trailhead near the Mew Lake Campground.
- 19 and 35 km loops
- Highland Backpacking Trail is located at km 29.7 of Highway 60.
- Latitude/Longitude: 45.573014°, -78.525263°
View Commercial Services & Park Attractions Map
- Open year-round
Difficulty Rating & Rationale
- Difficult. Steep climbs, side slopes and sharp turns.
- Contact Algonquin Park Information for more information about trail conditions.
Features & Amenities
- Scenic lookouts
- Lakes and rivers
Permit Pick-up Location
- A valid camping permit is required for trail use.
- Bat Lake Trail
- Mew Lake Campground
- Two Rivers Trail
- Track and Tower Trail
- Old Railway Bike Trail
- Lake of Two Rivers Campground
- Hemlock Bluff Trail
- Western Uplands Backpacking Trail
- Eastern Pines Backpacking Trail
- Backpacking Trails of Algonquin Provincial Park (map)
- Interpretive Walking Trails