Make a Reservation
- Ontario Parks charges fees for all backcountry camping in Algonquin Park.
- To make a reservations for a backcountry trip or a reservation for a Ranger Cabins, call 1-888-ONT-PARK (1-888-668-7275) or (519) 826-5290 for outside of North America.
- Reservations can be made 5 months before your arrival date. For example, backcountry campers can reserve on March 1 for August 1.
- The maximum length of stay on any one backcountry campsite is 16 consecutive nights.
- Maximum party size for backcountry camping is 9 persons per permit.
- A deposit is required at the time of booking for backcountry campsites.
- Campers must follow the route specified on their permit.
Before Making Your Reservation Call
- Have our official Canoe Routes Map-Brochure (or Backpacking Trails Map-Brochure) in front of you when you call the reservation number, especially in case modifications have to be made to your trip.
- Know where you would like to go on your trip. If you require assistance, contact Algonquin Park Information prior to making your reservation.
- Know the following specific pieces of trip information:
- your intended trip start and departure dates
- your intended access point of entry and exit
- your intended travel route by lake area on a nightly basis
- possible alternate routes and access points in the event that your first route choice has already been filled to capacity
- Have ready the following pieces of personal information:
- your name, address, and postal code
- your telephone number
- an email address (All bookings where an email address has been provide will receive their confirmation letter by email, including changes and cancellations. If an email address is not provided a confirmation letter will be sent by mail.)
- the number of people in your party (maximum of 9 persons per site and per reservation)
- your vehicle licence number
- how you will be paying (if by credit card have its number and expiry date ready)
After Making A Reservation
- A confirmation letter will be mailed to campers who make reservations at least 7 days in advance, including customers who make changes and/or cancellations.
- Review the Park's Rules and Regulations
Changing or Canceling a Reservation
- Cancellations or changes to your arrival date can be made up to 12:00pm (noon) on the day of arrival by contacting 1-888-ONT-PARK (1-888-668-7275)
- A cancellation, change, and/or administrative fee may be applicable.
Your Arrival & Late Arrivals
- Pickup your backcountry permit at an Access Point Office which may be located at your backcountry Access Point but not in all cases. See your particular Access Point for details.
- Backcountry reservations are only held until 8:00am the day following your scheduled arrival date. Reservations not claimed by this time will be considered a "no show". "No show" fee may be charged, see www.ontarioparks.com or 1-888-ONT-PARK for details.