Ranger Cabin Regulations
- Ranger cabins are available for rent only from the last Friday in April to noon on Friday of the [Canadian] Thanksgiving weekend.
- Cabins typically have fire extinguishers, wash basin, metal pail, shovel, broom, dust pan, bunks (no mattresses), CSA-approved wood-burning stove and chimney (there is NO wood-burning stove at the Wenda Lake Cabin or Brent Deputy Ranger Cabin), stove operating instructions, heat shields behind and under the stove, table and chairs, and an outside closed-in toilet.
- Cabins are NOT equipped with any dishes, or pots and pans.
- Smoking is prohibited in all cabins.
- Pets are NOT allowed inside cabins nor on the site. (You cannot stay at one of our cabins with a pet.)
- Ranger cabins must be booked through the Reservation Service. Applications must include a credit card number (VISA/MasterCard/American Express) and expiry date.
- Reservations require a deposit of one/person/night fee plus the non-refundable reservation fee.
- Reservations for ranger cabins at Rain Lake, Kiosk, Brent, or Brent Deputy, require a 50% deposit for the total number of nights booked plus the non-refundable reservation fee.
- Any vehicles not covered under the cabin rental permit require Additional Vehicle Permits.
- Five cabins are accessible by vehicle (Kiosk Cabin, Brent Cabin, Brent Deputy, Rain Lake Cabin, and Bissett Creek Road Cabin). All others are accessible only by canoe.
- If a cabin cannot be accessed within one day's travel, a separate Backcountry Camping Permit and reservation are required for the dates not covered by the cabin rental permit.
- Ranger Cabins check in time is after 2:00pm, and check out time is before 12:00pm (noon).
- If you cancel or shorten a booking for a ranger cabin rental, a penalty will apply, which is based on the full value of the number of nights reserved, multiplied by how long the reservation has been held for you. (This will range from one night plus 10%-50% of cancelled nights.) Late cancellations or changes to the arrival date made after 12:00 noon EST of your arrival date will be charged the "no show" fee (one night's accommodation fee, plus any date changes resulting in a shorter stay or full cancellation of a reservation will be subject to a percentage fee based on the full value of the number of nights reserved, multiplied by how long the reservation has been held.)