Hardwood Lookout Trail
Hardwood Lookout Trail is a 1 kilometre loop trail introducing you to the ecology of a typical Algonquin hardwood forest and culminates in a fine view of Smoke Lake and the surrounding hills.
1 kilometre loop
View Commercial Services & Park Attractions Map
Difficulty Rating & Rationale
- Contact Algonquin Park Information for updates.
Algonquin Hardwood Forest Ecology
Features & Amenities
- Scenic lookout over Smoke Lake
- Historical cairn dedicated to Douglas McDonald Hains
A valid Park permit is required for trail use.
- Hardwood Lookout Trail Guide
- Hardwood Lookout Trail Crest
- Hardwood Lookout Postcard
- Support the Trails - Make a Donation