Brent Crater Trail
Brent Crater Trail is a 2.0 km loop near the Cedar Lake - Brent Access Point that allows scenic views and exploration of the Brent meteorite crater, on the the world's most famous fossil meteorite craters. Visitors can descend into the present floor of the crater before looping back to the observation tower overlooking the crater rim. The observation tower can also be accessed by a small parking lot off the Brent Road at km 32.
View Commercial Services & Park Attractions Map
Difficulty Rating & Rationale
- Contact Algonquin Park Information for updates.
History of the Crater
Features & Amenities
- Views of the Brent Crater, one of the world's most famous fossil meteorite craters
- Exploration of the floor of the meteorite Brent Crater
- Shoreline of Tecumseh Lake
- Observation tower
- Exhibit panels
- Historical plaque
A valid Park permit is required for trail use.
- Brent Campground
- Cedar Lake - Brent Access Point
- Brent Ranger Cabin
- North River Access Point
- Wendigo Lake Access Point
- Petawawa River Whitewater Guide
- Brent Crater Trail Guide
- Brent Crater Trail Crest
- Support Your Trails - Make a Donation